The Yellow Jacket

The Student Voice of Randolph-Macon College

The Yellow Jacket

The Yellow Jacket

Delta Zeta’s Big Man on Campus

Pictured Left to Right: Top Row: Jay Carr, Elizabeth Jones, Jonas Fike Bottom Row: Max Doyle, Daniel Sugano Image via @dzatrmc on Instagram

Before students departed for Spring break, Delta Zeta hosted their annual fundraising event Big Man on Campus! This was held in Blackwell Auditorium on March 26th 2024, at 7pm.

The event consists of a male beauty pageant and talent competition to determine the true Big Man. All funds gathered from ticket sales are donated to Delta Zeta’s philanthropy in supporting speech and hearing initiatives. The show is a favorite amongst students who look forward to attending every year!

To begin the show, contestants were presented to a panel of judges whilst being accompanied by a sister of the organization. Some contestants participated as a group, rather than a solo act.

After being presented, the men go on to the talent portion of the competition. This consisted of sports, dancing, comedy, acting, and so many more talents. After this round, the panel voted on the finalists that would answer a couple questions given to them by the hosts.

Following the questionnaire, the judges took some time to decide their final decision. During those breaks, Delta Zeta took the opportunity to share their philanthropic values with the crowd. This was a great way to spread their message to a large audience of the student body.

Upon revealing the results, it was decided that the winners of Big Man on Campus 2024 would be Dan Sugano, Jonas Fike, Jay Carr, and Max Doyle who choreographed a dance to the iconic ‘Dancing Queen’ by ABBA.

Congratulations to this year’s winners!

Big Man on Campus was organized by Delta Zeta’s Vice President of Philanthropy, Annie Slemp ’26.